I am a-sniffling but have managed to get myself to work. Alas, for me, that is one of the six things for me to do before New Year’s Eve. As I rush to work through the throngs of tourists, I often wonder what it’s like to be a tourist at this time of the year in this city. I love New York and it’s especially nice at the end of the year. So, I don’t think I would be a regular tourist but would enjoy the city the way natives do. Like, what if I…
6. Avoided visiting Times Square since I work near it. Maybe opting for a place like the New York Aquarium since not too many people are visiting Coney this time of the year. Let’s see if this happens.
5. Read a book. (I just finished Iphegenia in Forest Hills).
4. Wrote a list of gifts I’d like to buy myself and then actually buy it…hmm, iPad mini.
3. Tried to see one more show or concert before the end of the year (will be done and done! Hollow at The Players on Saturday and we saw TranSiberian Orchestra at Nassau Colliseum a week ago).
2. I don’t fret about work and think about how fortunate I am to have something to do from 9-5.
1. Think about my New Year resolutions in Times Square. I am sure to be inspired.
Happy New Year!!!