This year’s trip to Trinidad was different than last year’s spiritual awakening. I was very sick with the flu when I left snowy New York. Being sick on vacation can put a damper on plans but I actually found it to be refreshing. Hmm, maybe not refreshing but relaxing. I had no choice but to slow down and rest. Even though we hit the beach and did some sight-seeing, I just slept and hung out with my dad and family.
I learned a lot about myself such as :
- I actually do not like to be very busy.
- I commit to too many projects and duties.
- I don’t take enough time for myself.
- I tend to do things to please others.
- I force my thoughts than let them flow.
- I want so much out of life that I complicate life.
- I really and truly can’t imagine my life without my family and theatre.
- I have to listen to my body when it says slow down.
- Though I am a proud New Yorker, I just don’t like the snow and winter. I like the warmth. I love the beach.
- I have very strong roots and amazing ancestry.
So this vacation was about reflection. In order to be truly successful, I have to be to be passionate. True passion for me is being specific. I can’t be passionate about everything or else nothing is special. And that’s what came to me in my quiet time.
Now to plan the next retreat!